Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Life on Shuffle

Music is a funny thing. For most of us there are songs that hold particular meaning or memories within them. Hearing a song can instantly take you back to that moment of love, pain or celebration. It can stir memories of a person and what they meant or mean to you. 

I know for me putting my Ipod on shuffle is like looking through an audible scrapbook. Journeying through all the different places I've been in my life. Sometimes it's a risky move.

The Dixie Chicks voices will forever remind me of getting ready for my first homecoming dance. James Taylor takes me back to my first concert and my mom singing him all the time. Dashboard Confessionals was the soundtrack to a painful high school break up. "One, Two Step" by Ciara makes me miss college and my girlfriends singing at the top of our lungs. "When I think about the Lord" by Shane and Shane causes tears to fill my eyes. I sang it the day I rededicated my life to God. "Somewhere over the rainbow" is my favorite song and always makes me miss my grandmother.

Songs are like seasons, they change.
So this is my journey.
Season to season. Through the cold, the storms and the sunny days.
Song to song. Through the heartaches, joys and celebrations.
Through all the change one thing remains;
I have a reason to sing.





No comments:

Post a Comment