Thursday, November 18, 2010

Enjoy the Ride

Ever been on a rollercoaster and tried to anticipate where it's headed next? I do this every time I'm on one. I usually end up being plunged to my terror in a lengthy fall or turned upside down through a loop. Leaving my heart in my throat and my lungs gasping for breath.

On my "life" rollercoaster, I’m always trying to figure out what’s next--where I’m headed. I try to prepare myself for the next drop or twist. Usually I fail and end up screaming at the top of my lungs in panic, or covering my eyes in fear.

God is the engineer of life. He’s prepared the track and he’s monitoring my safety. I might get scared but I can trust that everything is going to be all right because it’s under his control. If I can trust a speeding metal rollercoaster with my life, I’m pretty sure I can trust God too. There is little risk in throwing myself at the mercy of the Maker of the heavens and earth. He can handle it.

Time to strap in and hold on. There might be some loops and falls but I will arrive exactly where I am suppose to be, when I’m  supposed to be there. In the mean time I'm going to throw my hands in the air and scream with pure joy.


Let go of the fear.
Let go of the desire to know every twist and turn of the ride.
Let go of the idea that you’re in control.
Trust the engineer.

Enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment