Monday, March 26, 2012

Music Monday - BOY



I recently discovered this little gem of musical talent. This European duo, Valeska Steiner and Sonja Glass, call themselves 'BOY' and their delightful melodies and intriguing lyrics have had me captivated for the last few days. Their biography online explains that this is their first English album and that it's about dreams and aspirations. "[The Album] is about hopes and dreams and aspirations. We want to make music that's positive and hopeful." I love that. I love this music. Enjoy!

The first song to catch my attention was "Skin". It carries incredible depth in it's lyrics. The chorus reads:
You can feel like a part of something if you're part of the scene/
You can make your life look pretty out a little ice and gin/
Wash off the make-up and prepare the aspirin/
Well you can get out of this party dress but you can't get out of this skin/


This song got my attention because well, I'm a waitress in waiting. "Waitress" explores the melancholy story of a barmaid stuck in time and wondering when her life is going to start: 

While daylight is fading, while traders are trading/while the jukebox is playing/while lovers are dating, the waitress is waiting/


Like them on facebook or find out more about BOY here



No comments:

Post a Comment