Saturday, June 09, 2012

Let's Play Catch Up

Phew. I seriously feel like I am just now beginning to be able to take deep breaths after what was a whirlwind of a month. May flew by and I was in the midst of it hanging on for dear life. Dramatic? Maybe. Let's play a little catch up and you can decide. I'll spend the next week giving you the run down. Check back daily!

Update #1: Graduation.

Yep, that's me. I spent the first 12 days of May reading, writing papers, studying for finals, finishing projects, and having minor heart palpitations as I realized this whole seminary thing was coming to an end. I think I forgot that would happened. I mean I put all this hard work, time and energy into receiving a "Master's Degree" and as I picked up my cap and gown it hit me that this was the end. I mean knew it would end, I guess just the reality of it sent me into an excited panic.

I found myself completely overwhelmed by the inevitable question everyone asks, "What's next?". That question is not only probing, in my case, it sort of feels like getting the wind knocked out of me. I think because I can't answer it mostly. I know God has something great for me... I'm just not exactly sure what or where. Talk about blind faith. Funny though, that in the midst of this challenging feat I'm finding myself to be more content than ever.

I will admit as graduation approached I began to feel overwhelmed by fear and questions... feelings of inadequacy took over, but only for a moment. Like Grady after a bath, I shook the feelings and decided to be joyful in these moments and the unknown ahead.

I am a waitress, writer, jewelry maker, friend, sister, nanny, aunt, and now, I am a master. Okay.. well I have a Master's of the Arts in Christian Leadership, you know what I mean. The point is I have chosen to be content exactly where I am because I have purpose here. Every moment in Him has purpose. Each day offers me the opportunity to love well, care for others, laugh, make mistakes, learn, and experience grace. These are the things that add value to life

I may not have a career or be on the path to "success" by the worlds standards. Fortunately, when I stand before God one day, I don't have to present my degrees or paystubs. Instead of "what's next?", I've decided to ask "What now?". How can I add value to my life and bless those around me, right now? 

Sometimes it's easy to believe the grass is greener on the other side. With eyes engaged elsewhere we forget to look around and see the opportunities and blessings in our own backyard. Until I'm told to move, I think I'll get a hammock and get to know the neighbors. I like this grass just fine.

Special thanks to my dad and mom for supporting and loving me through this journey. 
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. -Ephesians 2:10

My Niece Sophia


My Beautiful Family


*Update #2 tomorrow... "Chasing Memories"

1 comment:

  1. haha i like that..'ill get to know the neighbors, this grass is just fine' its so easy to be uncontent! Thanks for the encouraging words

    ReplyDelete