Monday, June 04, 2012

Music Monday - Rachel Smith

Hi friends! I'm back! I took a bit of a break for the month of May as it was quite busy-- I will post all about my undertakings later this week and catch you up. New recipes, fashion fun, life updates, and favorite thing posts in the works, get excited!

www.stephaniegamblephotography.com
Photo Credit:
Stephanie Gamble Photography
First things first. Summer is upon us and I can't help but brag on a personal friend and a musical talent that I not only adore but whose music has impacted my life significantly last Summer. After one listen to her EP album "All of Me" while in Poland, I was hooked. I came home one day to find "the" Rachel Smith sitting on my couch and had the privilege of embarrassing myself. After being introduced to her, I stalkerishly greeted her saying, "Oh, I know you"... Today, I am still her stalker and biggest fan. I can be found at most of her shows singing along and cheering loudly.

Rather than come up with some eloquent explanation for why Rachel's music is so great, I'm simply going to let her music speak for itself. Her talent is pure, I like to imagine that in heaven my voice will sound like hers. I, of course, am enthralled by her talent for writing. Her lyrics are real, raw, and will speak to the depths of your soul if you let them. Also, she is witty, sarcastic and hilarious--clearly, we get along well. I am honored to know her and cannot wait to see what the future hold for this talented young woman.

Without further ado, I invite you to fall in love with the musical talents of Miss Rachel Smith...




This song is personal favorite. Titled "Not Abandon," it speaks truth into lies that I often believe about God and myself. Personally I love live music, below is a clip I recorded from my phone of her singing this song yesterday.

__________________________________

Listen & Support:




More Rachel:

http://rachelsmith.bandcamp.com/
Rachelsmithmusic.com
YouTube

Did I mention she's on a mini tour? See her live in these cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment